From 8:30 am until 2:30 pm
At Washington Township Public Schools - Sewell — Eileen Abbott Central Administration Building [Gloucester County]
201 E. Holly Avenue, Sewell, NJ 08080
Educational Development Software / [email protected] | 866.315.2306
Free for HIBster districts (up to 5 per district). $150 per participants from non-HIBster districts.
The New Jersey Department of Education transitioned to a Tiered System of Supports model that builds upon Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS) and gives schools the structure to meet the academic, behavioral, health, enrichment and social/emotional needs of all students.
This is a highly engaging, interactive, hands-on workshop that is designed by an educator for educators.
The main objective of the training is to enable school districts to effectively transition from the Intervention & Referral Services model to Tiered System of Supports.
Who Should Attend?
This training is recommended for I&RS/RtI Team, Members, Child Study Team Members, School Counselors, Teachers and Administrators.
Emphasis will be placed on the following:
- Effective District and School Leadership — developing district and building leadership teams, with representation from administration, staff, students, families and community partners, that meet regularly and approach instruction and interventions in an integrated manner.
- Family and Community Engagement — developing and implementing ongoing programs of participation for family and community partners in the design, implementation and sustainability of the NJTSS framework.
- Universal Screening — developing and implementing a system for Universal Screening that uses reliable screening tools administered to all students in English language arts and mathematics, more than once per year, to identify students who are at risk for learning and behavior difficulties; and administered in accordance with test protocols.
- Data-based Decision Making — implementing data-based decision making with systematic analysis of data across multiple levels of instruction and interventions.
- Progress Monitoring — developing and implementing ongoing review process of progress to assess student outcomes, determine the effectiveness of academic and behavioral interventions, and determine the rate of student improvement.
All participants shall be awarded a Certificate of Completion for five (5) hours of professional development.
Jamie Edward Ciofalo
The training is co-sponsored by HIBster and Lumos Learning. It will include HIBster, HIBsterVention, Onspire and Lumos Learning software demonstrations.
Continental Breakfast and Deli Lunch Included